College of Agriculture Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

On and Off the Campus Fun!


Winter is here! The temperature has dropped, snow is on the ground and the sidewalks and streets are icy, but that doesn't stop the fun here in Logan. Last Wednesday and Thursday night I was among the crazies who set up a tent on the Hyper field to be some of the first in the door for the BYU, USU basketball game. Was it worth it? Absolutely! Camping on campus was amazing, not to mention the BBQ we had Thursday night with smores included. Amongst all the excitement on campus I also work at a production dairy in Lewiston, UT on the weekends, and even with the snow and the cold the work doesn't stop. I get so used to working in my rubber boots, jeans and a T-Shirt, that when winter hits, my movement seems limited to the added layers and gloves that I am required to wear to prevent freezing. Oh, but how grateful I am to have such equipment/clothing to survive the arctic-like cold. I love the change in seasons! Going from hot summer days to frozen winter nights brings variety, change and the excitement of, "What's the weather going to do tomorrow?" Until next time stay warm and Happy Thanksgiving!! GO AGGIES!

-- Jacob Miller, Ag Ambassador 



No comments:

Post a Comment