College of Agriculture Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Aloha Hawaii!

I just got back from a trip to American Society of Horticultural Science Conference. It was held in Hawaii and it was beautiful! I went to present some undergraduate research I have done on strawberries. It was an incredible experience. We went for a drive around the island and I saw an avocado tree, of course I made the driver hit the brakes and launched myself out of the car. I ran full speed toward the biggest avocado I have ever seen. All the sudden I realized, “shoot, that’s a cliff.” As I was teetering over the edge I decided I couldn’t get my avocado. The good news is I found a fruit stand down the road and bought an identical one for a dollar.  Thanks for the great trip USU!


-- Tiffany Maughan, Ag Ambassador 


                                                               My research poster on strawberries


                                                                         Farming in Hawaii 

No comments:

Post a Comment