College of Agriculture Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Recruiting!


What a great time to be an Aggie! With our recent domination over BYU in basketball, my Aggie Pride is burning bright. Not to mention that November is a great time to be in Logan – there are still a few leaves hangin’ around, the fall afternoons are perfect and it’s still chilly enough at night to be able to wrap up in a blanket, enjoy some soup, and watch the latest Redbox flick.

For me, November also means recruiting at high schools, which is always a good time. The past couple of weeks, I’ve visited some great students at Provo High and Lehi High. I love being able to talk about the College of Agriculture and all the amazing things that we have going on. As a dietetics major, I especially love talking to kids that love science and nutrition as much as I do (shout out to all those AP Biology classes I visited). We also have a new Equine Science program that I am so excited about. I’m not a horse person at all, but this program makes me want to strap on my cowboy boots and learn how to ride. There is always something going on in the College of Ag. Like I said, it really is a great time to be an Aggie.

-- Jillian Cartwright, Ag Ambassador 


No comments:

Post a Comment