College of Agriculture Blog

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Stories of a Senior in Spring Semester


As I finish out my final spring semester as an undergraduate at Utah State, I am happy to be involved in all the great things around campus. As an Ambassador (which, by the way, I love and will miss dearly), it has been my pleasure to be a part of the new Agricultural Sciences building as it has been completed and opened for business. For more information on that you can read earlier posts, I will simply say that it was a great experience and I look forward to seeing how the building will be used and enjoyed.
Another part of spring semester at Utah State is elections week! I’m not generally super involved with anything political but this year I had a really good friend running for office, and therefore offered to help him with his campaign. This included wearing the same shirt for four days with his face and slogan on it (don’t worry, I washed it), standing outside in the freezing cold to hand out fliers (yes, I am a really good friend), and talking to everyone I know and telling them to vote. And you know what I discovered? It was really fun! It also had some added benefits because I was able to talk to many of the other candidates and become familiar with their platforms, therefore making my vote more educated and allowing me to spread that knowledge to others I talked with.  
Braving the crazy snowstorms, the freezing winds and the random changes of weather that are always part of Cache Valley, but seem to be intensified this winter, has been another interesting part of this semester. During elections week we had some sunny times and some snowy times. During the various events for the Agricultural Sciences Building we would stand inside and watch it go from sunny to cold and blustery and suddenly start snowing. I think Mother Nature has a hard time making up her mind this winter? I’m not going to complain too much, though, because I have really appreciated the lack of snow. But despite the crazy weather, this has been a fabulous semester full of new adventures and wonderful experiences. As excited as I am to move on in my education by completing my student teaching in the fall and graduate (yay!), I am saddened to be leaving campus. But don’t worry, Utah State, I love you so much that I will be back next spring to start my graduate work. You can get rid of me that easily. Go Aggies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment